Visit my website www.andreawan.com

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Come come!


Typography installation from Andrea Wan on Vimeo.

Marià (my lovely roomate and design genius) and I made a installation together for our second typography assignment: expressing a line from Oscar Wilde's Lady Windermere's fan

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

We found a room that has a tiny door that leads to another room. The second room also has a tiny door in it which we find very strange. We put a "We're all in the gutter" on the door using the font of Designskolen Kolding (we actually asked the head of design for this typeface especially designed for the school and he gave it to us). When one opens the door....tada. He will see the projection of "but some of us are looking at the stars" on the 2nd door.




Because this assignment is not limited to print, I first wanted to try something more tactile. I found some cardboards from a dumpster and cut out the words in Futura. I kinda like this trashy look but I didn't go on with this idea at last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This pic looks really good.. like the words were formed by accident or somethin... :)